Pantheon Resources plc (Pantheon), the AIM listed oil and gas company with a 100% working interest in all of its oil projects spanning c. 153 000 acres adjacent and near to transportation and pipeline infrastructure on the Alaska North Slope, is pleased to announce the receipt of a report by the independent experts at Baker Hughes Advanced Hydrocarbon Stratigraphy (AHS) titled ‘Pantheon Great Bear Theta West 1 well: Characterization of a World Class Petroleum System Using AHS’s Cuttings’ Volatiles Stratigraphy’, following the completion of its Volatile Analysis Service (VAS) work.
Great Bear Pantheon’s Theta West 1 drilled a world-class petroleum system comprised of:
- A 1360 ft thick continuous column of oil-bearing cuttings. The actual length of the oil column is unquestionably greater than 1360 ft, as the base of the analysed cuttings’ oil column is the TD of the well, and the oil in the cuttings shows no sign of tapering off.
- High quality oil of 37° - 39° API gravity.
- Abundant good quality reservoirs.
- An ultimate non-permeable oil seal that occurs at 7070 ft. Oil bearing cuttings are not observed above 7070 ft, and oil is analysed in every cuttings sample, both sealed-at-well and lab-loaded, below 7070 ft to TD.
- A seal within the oil-rich zone occurs at 7480 ft separating a shallower from a deeper compartment based of different oil compositions above and below 7480 ft.
- Elevated helium is observed, in part confirming Theta West’s excellent seals.
- These results are in complete accord and supportive of AHS’s previous analyses of cuttings from Great Bear Pantheon Talitha A well, as well as AHS’s study of Shelf Margin Deltaic cuttings’ samples from the Talitha A, Pipeline, Alkaid, Merak, and Alcor wells.
Jay Cheatham, CEO of Pantheon Resources, commented, “Following the successful completion of horizontal drilling operations at our Alkaid #1 well last week, we are pleased to present shareholders the results of the VAS work on Theta West #1. This is a great endorsement from AHS, and one of several technical tools we employ. As we have always said, ultimate commerciality on our projects will be determined by flow testing.
"AHS refers to our 100% owned discovery as ‘World Class’. As previously announced the company estimates the project contains over 17 billion bbls of oil in place with a recoverable resource of over 1.7 billion bbls of oil (based on a 10% recovery factor).”
Bob Rosenthal, Technical Director, commented, "This is further confirmation of a great result for Pantheon. We consider Mike Smith and his team at Baker Hughes, Advanced Hydrocarbon Stratigraphy, to be one of the leading experts globally in their field and the conclusions validate our understanding of the resource. The results are extremely promising for our Theta West project, the largest project in our portfolio, and we are pleased to have independent experts refer to this as a ‘World Class Petroleum System’.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/special-reports/23082022/theta-west-1-well-new-report/
You might also like
Voyis and Deep Trekker, have joined forces to achieve the successful fusion of Voyis' Discovery Camera with Deep Trekker's REVOLUTION ROV.