The National Energy Board (NEB) has released a preliminary timeline for the Energy East hearing process.
This timeframe reflects an extended time limit of 21 months for the process, as directed by the Minister of Natural Resources. National Energy Board reviews are typically conducted within a 15 month time limit.
The following table outlines the expected steps and timing that the NEB plans on following to consider the amended Energy East project application. This information is subject to change. The NEB will provide further details as they become available.
- Filing of Consolidated Application by Energy East Pipeline Ltd - mid May 2016.
- Issuance of List of Participants - early June 2016.
- Issuance of Hearing Order (including completeness determination) - mid June 2016.
- Panel Sessions in communities along pipeline route - August to December 2016.
- Written Process for Participants - January to May 2017.
- Draft Conditions for Comment - mid 2017.
- Final Argument - November to December 2017.
- NEB Report to Governor in Council - March 2018.
The NEB expects to gather input from the hearing participants on what process elements they would like to see included in the review. The NEB will use this feedback to help design a process that is thorough, rigorous and transparent.
Edited from source by Stephanie Roker
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/regulations-and-standards/28042016/neb-timeline-for-energy-east-hearing/