Land reinstatement in Eastern Macedonia and Thrace is exceeding 98%. As a result, more than 3150 parcels used for the section of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) traversing the region have now been returned to their lawful owners and users.
TAP’s reinstatement works follow strict international standards, applied by specially trained dedicated construction teams, to ensure areas used during construction are restored to their original condition. Steps include:
- Backfilling and compacting the trench.
- Evenly re-spreading the topsoil, the most productive and fertile soil, on the ground’s surface and contouring the land back to its original profile.
- Implementing revegetation and ecological restoration programmes in non-cultivated land, in collaboration with Greek forestry authorities and environmental specialists.
- Installing permanent ground control measures where necessary – e.g. steep slopes.
- Applying agricultural support programme to accelerate farm productivity, that combines agronomist consultation support, as well as provision of fertiliser and tree seedlings to cultivators of tree crops.
- Monitoring of restoration and, if necessary, remediation to address any issues that might emerge after land hand back.
Upon the conclusion of construction and the reinstatement of the accessed land, TAP’s contractors invite land owners/users to inspect their reinstated plots. The land hand-back process is complete once the Land Exit Protocol is signed, confirming that the project-affected person is satisfied with the reinstatement.
Information regarding the restoration process and progress is provided by TAP’s special Cadastral Offices. Through these, TAP also contributes to the acceleration of judicial recognition for owners that have not been able to collect their compensation from the Consignment Deposits and Loans Fund – where it has been deposited – due to legal barriers (e.g. lack of necessary paperwork and documentation).
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/project-news/13092018/98-of-land-in-eastern-macedonia-thrace-already-reinstated-by-tap/
You might also like
Tony Hufford, Category Manager – Metal Fabrication, Weiler Abrasives, outlines tips for addressing challenges in midstream pipeline weld prep and cleaning.