New safety research announcement released
Published by Sara Simper,
The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) released safety research announcement #693JK322RA0001. PHMSA is soliciting research proposals in the following seven primary focus areas based on research gaps identified during the PHMSA Research Forum held 30 November - 2 December 2021.
- Rehabilitation of aging cast iron pipelines.
- Underground natural gas/hydrogen storage.
- Utilisation of inspection tools on hydrogen pipelines.
- Hydrogen pipeline network components.
- Methane/CO2 mitigation – construction through operations.
- Breakout tanks – preventing corrosion of tank bottoms.
PHMSA seeks proposals that focus on research addressing shared interests of academic researchers, public interest advocates, and pipeline operators regarding pipeline safety and environmental mitigation technology topics, with the goal of commercialisation.
Proposals are due on 16 May 2022. Please find the full Research Announcement details here.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/equipment-and-safety/05042022/new-safety-research-announcement-released/
You might also like
Quorum Software announces cloud-optimised, next-generation planning space
New 'Planning Space' accelerates business planning workflows with connected data for greater efficiency, transparency, and risk management.