FERC has issued a list of natural gas highlights for February 2016, as part of an update on energy infrastructure. The updates are as follows:
- Roadrunner Gas received authorisation to place into service its border crossing on the International Boundary between the US and Mexico in El Paso County, TX. The border crossing will provide 875 million ft3/d of export capacity to Mexico.
- Columbia Gas received authorisation to construct and operate its Tri-County Bare Steel Replacement Project, which will replace a portion of Columbia Gas’s existing Line 1570 (which serves the Pittsburgh, PA metropolitan area). The project will improve reliability and safety for existing customers and landowners.
- Transco received authorisation to construct and operate its Hillabee Expansion Project, which will provide 1132 million ft3/d of capacity, in three phases, from receipt points at Transco’s Station 85 located in Choctaw County, AL to a proposed point of interconnection with Sabil Trail Pipeline in Tallapoosa County, AL.
- Sabal Trail Pipeline received authorisation to construct and operate its Sabal Trail Pipeline Project, which will provide 1075 million ft3/d of capacity from an interconnection with Transco in Tallapoosa County, AL to an interconnection with Florida Southeast Connection near Intercession City, FL.
- Florida Southeast received authorisation to construct and operate its Florida Southeast Connection Project, which will provide 640 million ft3/d of capacity from Sabal Trail Pipeline near Intercession City, FL to a delivery point with Florida Power & Light Company near Indiantown, FL.
- Rockies Express received authorisation to construct and operate its Zone 3 Capacity Enhancement Project, which will provide 800 million ft3/d of east-to-west capacity on its mainline from the Clarington Hub in Clarington, OH to Lebanon OH and Moultrie County, IL, respectively.
- National Fuel received authorisation to construct and operate its Line D Expansion Project which will provide 77.5 million ft3/d of capacity on its existing Line D system to serve markets in Erie and Warren, PA and will ensure meeting all existing storage withdrawal obligations.
- The Commission authorised the abandonment by transfer of Regency Field Services existing Coyanosa Residue Line located in Pecos County, TX to Oasis Pipeline. The Coyanosa Residue Line has a capacity of 100 million ft3/d and connects the Coyanosa processing plant to El Paso Natural Gas pipeline.
- Columbia Gas requests authorisation to increase the maximum allowable operating pressure (MAOP) of its Line PM-117 located in Johnson and Martin Counties, KY and to replace facilities on its Line P-240 located in Lawrence County, KY. The increase in MAOP would provide 20 million ft3/d of capacity on Columbia Gas’s existing system.
- Cameron Interstate Pipeline requests authorisation to decrease the diameter of 3.58 miles of pipeline authorised in the Cameron Pipeline Expansion Project from 42 - 36 in.and to adjust the design capacity by 20 million ft3/d.
- Millennium commenced the Commission’s pre-filing process to construct and operate its Eastern System Upgrade Project which would provide 200 ft3/d of capacity from Millennium’s Corning Compressor Station located in Steuben County, NYto an interconnection with Algonquin located in Ramapo, NY.
- Impulsora Pipeline requests authorisation to amend its Section 3 authorisation to site, construct, and operate border-crossing facilities at the international boundary between the US and Mexico in Webb County, TX. Impulsora Pipeline requests authorisation to terminate the 12 in. diameter pipeline authorised under Section 3.
- Dominion Carolina requests authorisation to vacate a portion of the Certificated facilities issued to Dominion Carolina to construct and operate its Edgemoor Compressor Project. Dominion Carolina no longer requires the Cone Mills Lateral Extension located in Chester County, SC.
- TC Offshore requests authorisation to abandon by sale to Avocet LNG its Grand Chenier System located offshore LA in the Gulf of Mexico and onshore LA. The offshore facilities would become non-jurisdictional upon abandonment by sale.
- ANR requests authorisation to abandon in place one compressor unit each at its Delhi, Brownsville, and Shelbyville compressor stations, and two compressor units at its Sardis compressor station, all located on ANR’s Southeast Mainline segment in LA, MS, TN, and IN. Total horsepower (hp) of the abandoned compressor units is 31 800 hp.
Edited from source by Elizabeth Corner
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/project-news/24032016/us-natural-gas-update-from-ferc/