Skip to main content

Binding supplemental open season for Bakken pipeline

Published by
World Pipelines,

Dakota Access, LLC and Energy Transfer Crude Oil Company, LLC (ETCO) has recently announced the launch of a binding supplemental open season (BSOS) to solicit shipper commitments for transportation service for Bakken/Three Forks production to reach multiple markets through their respective pipeline systems.

Dakota Access and ETCO anticipate that the incremental transport capacity for Bakken/Three Forks production will be determined on committed subscriptions made by shippers during the BSOS.

The BSOS includes local tariff service on the Dakota Access pipeline from the Bakken/Three Forks play to Patoka, Illinois. It also provides the opportunity for joint tariff service from the Bakken/Three Forks play to Nederland (Texas) through a commitment to both the Dakota Access and ETCO pipeline systems.

Through its subsidiaries, Bakken Holdings Company, LLC holds a 75% membership interest in both Dakota Access and ETCO, which are the entities responsible for developing, owning and operating the Bakken Pipeline. The remaining 25% is owned by subsidiaries of Phillips 66.

Adapted from press release by Anna Nicklin

Read the article online at:

You might also like

Raising safety management standards

Alexa Burr, Vice President of Segment Standards & Programs, American Petroleum Institute (API), USA, outlines how API standards and programmes foster safety and sustainability in pipeline operations.


Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):