With the launch of a new tool fleet featuring the leading-edge Evo Series 1.0, NDT Global is taking ultrasonic inline inspection (ILI) to a new level. This innovative technology will significantly improve tool performance by enhancing speed, resolution and reliability.
Representing state of the art electronics and incorporating high-resolution sensor carriers, Evo Series 1.0 marks a milestone in ILI evolution. It boosts the performance of inspection equipment by a factor of four. In concrete terms, the tools are capable of traveling four times faster, or the sensor resolution is four times higher. Alternatively, the tools can be twice as fast with double the axial sensor resolution, which adds up to a factor of four improvement.
The Evo Series 1.0 features include:
- No reduction of flowrate: up to four times faster inspection speed.
- High performance metal loss profiling and pitting inspection: up to four times higher axial resolution.
- High performance crack profiling: up to four times higher axial resolution.
- Extended inspection distance: shorter tool lengths.
- Customisation: maximised ILI tool flexibility.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/product-news/22102015/evo-series-10-the-future-of-ultrasonic-ili-technology/