SPECTRO Analytical Instruments has introduced its new portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence spectrometer that brings laboratory-quality elemental composition monitoring and quality control testing to at-line analysis.
The durable and compact SPECTROSCOUT XRF analyser delivers reliable and highly accurate results, with the power of a top-grade laboratory benchtop instrument in an easily transportable design. The SPECTROSCOUT is ideal for manufacturers and processors of products such as chemicals, cosmetics, feedstocks, foods, metal coatings, and pharmaceuticals.
Benefits of the SPECTROSCOUT
Employing the SPECTROSCOUT for at-line analysis dramatically enhances QC productivity by eliminating the time spent transporting samples from the plant floor to the laboratory to wait in queue for testing. In contrast, the SPECTROSCOUT can deliver audit-traceable results directly from the manufacturing floor.
Moreover, the SPECTROSCOUT is a much more affordable alternative, as an at-line installation, than larger, more costly laboratory instruments. It can also be operated with minimal introductory training.
Features of the SPECTROSCOUT
Features of the new portable SPECTROSCOUT X-ray fluorescence include:
- Dependable accuracy and sensitivity at a wide range of detection levels, providing precise at-line analysis from high-percentage concentrations to trace elements.
- Performance levels that surpass those of other portable spectrometers at a highly competitive cost that is half that of a dedicated laboratory instrument.
- Ease-of-operation that includes an intuitive interface, simplified software that interacts via a standard computer, and predefined applications packages.
- Unique iCAL calibration takes just a single integrated sample and 5 minutes, reducing recalibration work.
- Laboratory-instrument class advantages, ranging from customer-specific calibrations to advanced pre-calibrated application packages.
- Rugged, lightweight (12 kg/26.46 lb) space-savings design (350 x 306 x 306 mm/13.8 x 12.1 x 12.1 in), that optionally includes a 5-hour internal battery for plant floor, at-line analysis as well as X-ray fluorescence analysis anywhere from the laboratory to the field.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/product-news/16062015/spectroscout-delivers-fast-lab-quality-results/