Siemens has announced the addition of a range of new modules and functions to the Simatic S7-1200 Basic Controllers. The expansion includes:
- The Energy Meter module SM1238, which precisely records energy flows. The new SM1238 Energy Meter module for Simatic S7-1200 Basic Controllers can be used to record energy flows simply and precisely, directly on the machine. The measurements are processed directly in the CPU, and visualised with an HMI (Human Machine Interface) system, such as a Basic or Comfort Panel.
- The Basic Controllers have also been enhanced with the new CPU 1212FC for failsafe applications in the lower power range.
- The firmware for the Simatic S7-1200 Basic Controllers has been updated with the latest version of the TIA Portal V14 engineering framework, and expanded to include additional functions.Version 4.2, now includes the Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP) and a backup/restore function for backing up project data for the 2-port CPUs 1215 and 1217.
- The SM1238 Energy Meter module records measured electrical values, such as voltages up to 480 V AC, in a 1 or 3-phase network with a direct connection but without a transformer. The user can adjust the diagnostic parameters for over and undervoltage, overload, tolerance value and tolerance time.
- The new Safety CPU 1212FC is able to handle standard and safety-related automation tasks. Supporting Profisafe allows safety-related devices to be connected via Profinet. This also reduces wiring outlay, saves space in comparison to conventional safety solutions and allows more flexible safety concepts.
Edited from press release by Angharad Lock
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/product-news/10032016/expansion-of-siemens-basic-controllers-1094/