Trelleborg’s offshore operation will showcase its innovative range of high-performance solutions, from topside to subsea at the Offshore North Sea (ONS) in Stavanger, Norway. Located at stand 9810 in hall 9, the company will present a number of advancements across its portfolio of surface to seafloor products, including Passive Fire Protection (PFP) solutions and its latest subsea buoyancy developments.
Jan-Hugo Nilssen, Sales Manager, states: “In offshore environments, fire safety is of the utmost importance, as the occurrence of fire can cause colossal amounts of damage and danger. On the stand, my colleagues and I will discuss why rubber-based, non-metallic flexible deluge systems are the best solution for active fire protection.
“All of our solutions are designed to meet the most stringent offshore requirements, offering the highest level of resistance against heat, abrasion, and environmental impact. We control our entire manufacturing process from end-to-end, providing our customers with transparency and peace of mind.”
Delegates will get the opportunity to meet with Trelleborg subsea experts to discuss the importance of choosing the correct buoyancy option for flexible and static flowlines, as well as its proven manufacturing techniques that produce finished modular geometry, optimising processing costs and lead times. The operation will also showcase its range of thermal insulation materials.
Richard Beesley, Business Development Director for Trelleborg’s offshore operation states: “ONS is an important industry event and we look forward to discussing our latest developments in buoyancy which include our newly developed standardised buoyancy modules and rotating flowline buckle mitigation buoyancy. These two solutions provide additional options to our customers who are seeking to reduce their overall project costs.
“This exhibition provides the ideal platform for Trelleborg to highlight its solutions and expertise on demanding subsea applications directly to the people who can benefit from them most. We look forward to listening to the needs of industry professionals firsthand.
On stand solutions at ONS
- FireNut™ is a lightweight, easy to install protection for bolted connections or flanges on offshore installations. It specifically protects just the nuts of a bolted connection or flange, is easy to install and extends the service life in the event of a fire.
- Vikodeck™ is designed to offer surface protection against blast, jet and pool fire in harsh offshore oil and gas environments. It provides excellent corrosion protection and anti-fatigue dampening support for the comfort and safety of employees.
- Elastopipe™ is a patented flexible piping system developed for transporting a variety of fluids and is the first corrosion-free, explosion, impact and jet fire resistant flexible piping system approved for offshore deluge systems.
- Standardised Buoyancy Modules are modular in design to allow smaller elements to be stacked together, enabling the customer to customise uplift requirements as specified as needed for each project.
- Rotating Buoyancy Modules can be used on subsea pipelines or flowlines to reduce berm creation and create predictable, safe buckling zones. The modules practically eliminate rouge buckling.
- Vikotherm® is a range of wet insulation materials used to prevent formation hydrate plugs and wax build-up in subsea structures.
When oil and gas was discovered in the North Sea, the need for a meeting place for the companies in this new industry emerged. ONS was held for the first time in 1974 and has more than 40 years of proud history. The non-profit foundation was established by Stavanger City Council, Statoil, Stavanger Forum and the Norwegian Petroleum Society and has developed into a global energy meeting place connecting international suppliers, operating companies and decision makers.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/product-news/07082018/trelleborg-showcases-innovative-solutions-at-ons/
You might also like
ROVOP focused on producing the ‘next generation’ of ROV pilots, adds three new trainees to its training programme.