SkyX, a leading provider of aerial data solutions for infrastructure asset companies globally has announced the launch of SkyVision 2.0, an enhanced version of the company’s original SkyVision system.
SkyVision 2.0 is the only aerial data software designed specifically to help oil and gas companies maintain the integrity of aging pipelines and detect theft.
As part of SkyX’s complete aerial monitoring solution which includes ongoing aerial data collection using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), SkyVision 2.0 provides Oil and Gas companies with a secure, enterprise-level system to view, prioritise, track and take action on areas of interest along a pipeline that other inspection methods can’t detect, like leaks, cracks, vegetation encroachment, unauthorised activity, and more. Data and insights from SkyVision can be integrated into the company’s own GIS system and used in combination with monitoring data from various sources to provide a holistic view of the entire pipeline infrastructure.
Benefits of SkyVision 2.0:
- Monitor assets that span large areas of terrain in a systematic way.
- View high-resolution images of areas of interest and adverse conditions along a pipeline.
- Capture, process, and store large quantities of high-resolution aerial images (10X the resolution of satellite images).
- Detect anomalies and changes over time along a pipeline using computer vision technology.
- Zero in on areas identified as potential concerns and use high-quality images to detect changes over time.
- Proactively identify and address issues along a pipeline before they become significant problems.
- Ensure aerial data is always secure using Enterprise-grade multi-tenant SaaS architecture.
- Integrate insights from SkyVision into GIS systems.
“Oil and Gas companies today need to be collecting high-quality aerial images on an ongoing basis to audit and analyse their pipelines and identify areas of interest that can be monitored over time. These realities, combined with our vision of becoming the leading aerial data solution for infrastructure asset companies, prompted us to make a substantial investment in reimagining our new SkyVision 2.0 software,” says Didi Horn, SkyX’s founder and CEO.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/product-news/04102021/skyx-launches-skyvision-20-software/
You might also like
The use of repurposed steel pipes can support a circular economy by reducing the need for new materials and produce CO2e savings as high as 97%, says Sean Conway, Managing Director, Decom Engineering Ltd, UK.