Greek street repair funded by TAP AG
Published by Stephanie Roker,
The construction works for rebuilding the Dorilaiou Street at the central square of Serres started on 29 August, funded by the Trans Adriatic Pipeline AG (TAP AG). This initiative falls under the ‘Regeneration Projects for Developing Local Infrastructures’ programme, which is part of the Social and Environmental Investments (SEI) worth €32 million overall, voluntarily implemented by TAP in three regions of northern Greece crossed by the pipeline.
The project will be constructed adhering to health and safety international practices, and includes:
- Paving of the street, as well as the walkways leading to an existing pond, with Karystos schist and decorating components of kerbs.
- Creating a dual paved bike road.
- Creating a tactile paving for visually impaired people according to the ‘planning for all’ design guidelines for the independent handling and living of disabled persons.
- Installation of a lighting network and lighting posts.
- Installation of outdoor benches as well as two fountains of potable water built with natural stone slabs.
The project is the first of a series of infrastructure initiatives to be implemented with the aim of supporting the improved quality of life of residents in the areas traversed by the pipeline.
The Mayor of Serres, Petros Aggelidis, stated: “We are delighted that this revival of Dorilaiou Street is coming true. This project, when accomplished, will change the city’s face and offer the citizens of Serres various recreation opportunities, from a bike ride to a relaxing walk. We would like to thank TAP for its contribution and express our belief that such social and environmental investments truly enhance the wellbeing of local societies.”
TAP’s Social and Environmental Investment programme has been designed and implemented in collaboration with local and regional administration, as well as national entities, thus practically addressing actual needs of local societies, as they have been submitted by the competent authorities to TAP.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/30082017/greek-street-repair-funded-by-tap-ag/
You might also like
Warship guarding pipelines attacked by Ukraine craft
Russian warship attacked unsuccessfully by Ukrainian uncrewed speedboats in the Black Sea, near Turkey.