Noble Energy, Inc. has provided an update on the start-up of the Leviathan natural gas field, offshore Israel. Key highlights from early production include the following:
- First gas sales from Leviathan commenced on 31 December 2019.
- All four wells and both subsea flowlines are currently fully operational, with well productivities in line with or better than pre-production expectations.
- Venting operations associated with start-up were successful, resulting in no impact to onshore communities and with emissions levels substantially below permitted limits.
- Natural gas sales have been established to Israel, Jordan, and Egypt. Gas sales to Jordan began on 1 January 2020, with gas exports to Egypt beginning 15 January. Gas sales into Egypt are utilising the EMG Pipeline as planned. Interconnects between the Israeli, Jordanian and Egyptian pipeline networks are now fully operational.
- Combined gross natural gas sales from the Leviathan and Tamar fields to date have averaged 1.5 billion ft3/d in January, with peak days up to 1.7 billion ft3/d.
J. Keith Elliott, Noble Energy’s Senior Vice President, Offshore, stated, “The successful start-up of the Leviathan project reflects the tremendous efforts of our employees, partners, and suppliers. I’ve been very pleased with the start-up and early performance which has provided confidence in meeting our 2020 sales outlook. Leviathan natural gas provides redundancy in supply domestically and enables Israel to further transition from coal, improving air quality for Israel’s citizens. Additionally, the asset supports regional economic co-operation and development through its exports to both regional and global customers.”
Noble Energy is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company committed to meeting the world’s growing energy needs and delivering leading returns to shareholders. The Company operates a high-quality portfolio of assets onshore in the US and offshore in the Eastern Mediterranean and off the west coast of Africa.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/28012020/noble-energy-update-on-leviathan-natural-gas-field/