US Energy Secretary Rick Perry will deliver remarks at CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2019, 11 - 15 March at the Hilton Americas, Houston.
“We are honoured to have Secretary Perry join us at CERAWeek 2019,” said Daniel Yergin, CERAWeek Chairman and Vice Chairman of IHS Markit. “Through his leadership of the US Department of Energy and his prior service as the longest-serving governor in Texas history, he has consistently raised the profile and public engagement of important energy-related issues. His perspectives will be a welcome addition to the critical issues to be discussed at this year’s conference.” CERAWeek 2019: New World of Rivalries: Reshaping the Energy Future will assess the evolving trends of energy markets, the impact of government policies, the environment, technology, geopolitics and the global economy. 2019 marks the 38th anniversary of the event, produced by business information provider IHS Markit.
Among other key themes to be explored at CERAWeek 2019:
- US shale and the rebalancing of the world oil market.
- Future of transportation – from cars to mobility.
- ‘Wellhead to water’ – the new role of the US as an energy exporter.
- Climate, carbon and energy transitions.
- Digital transformation, artificial intelligence and machine learning – how will they change the energy industry?
- Energy investment strategies – facing volatility and growing risk.
- LNG and the new era of global gas – counting on growth.
- Renewables around the world – from cost to value.
- Electric power – redefining competition.
- Refining and petrochemical integration – and plastics.
- Geopolitics and disruption – Venezuela, Iran, and the impact of US-China trade dispute.
Technology, innovation and the future of mobility will be areas of particular focus throughout the CERAWeek 2019 programme. The Innovation Agora @ CERAWeek will feature a community of thought leaders, technologists, innovators, start-ups, investors, academics, energy companies and government officials to explore the intersection of energy and technology and digital transformation that is reshaping industry. The new Lyceum at the Agora will offer a hub for learning and new ideas generation. The mobility programme at CERAWeek will provide specific insights into driverless technologies, electric vehicles, charging infrastructure and regulatory issues, among others.
Speakers at CERAWeek 2019 will include (partial list):
- Dr. Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency.
- Roberto Castello Branco, CEO, Petrobras.
- Lisa Murkowski, Chairman, Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, US Senator, State of Alaska.
- Neil Chatterjee, Chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) .
- Peter Coleman, CEO and Managing Director, Woodside Petroleum.
- John Cornyn, US Senator, State of Texas.
- Bob Dudley, Group Chief Executive, BP.
- David Farr, Chairman and CEO, Emerson.
- William Clay Ford, Jr., Executive Chairman, Ford Motor Company.
- Vicki Hollub, President and CEO, Occidental Petroleum Corporation.
- Rocío Nahle García, Secretary of Energy, Mexico.
- Staale Gjervik, incoming President, XTO Energy.
- John Hess, CEO, Hess Corporation.
- H.E. Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of State in the United Arab Emirates, CEO, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) .
- Patti Poppe, President and CEO, CMS Energy.
- Andrew R. Jassy, CEO, Amazon Web Services (AWS) .
- Suhail Mohamed Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Industry, United Arab Emirates.
- H.E. Eng. Tarek El Molla, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, The Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum.
- Jennifer Morris, President, Conservation International.
- Rick Perry, US Secretary of Energy.
- Pedro Pizarro, President and CEO, Edison International.
- Eldar Sætre, resident and CEO, Equinor ASA.
- Hon. Amarjeet Sohi, Minister of Natural Resources, Government of Canada.
- Ulrich Spiesshofer, President and CEO, ABB.
- Maarten Wetselaar, Integrated Gas and New Energies Director, Royal Dutch Shell.
- Andrew Wheeler, Acting Administrator, US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) .
- Mike Wirth, Chairman of the board and CEO, Chevron.
- Jason Zander, Executive Vice President, Microsoft.
- Wan Zulkiflee, President and Group Chief Executive Officer, PETRONAS.
Click here for a complete list of speakers and the most up-to-date programme information (subject to change).
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/27022019/us-secretary-of-energy-to-speak-at-ceraweek-2019/
You might also like
The partnership is to bring critical flange isolation offerings for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.