The Executive Director of the International Energy Agency (IEA), Dr. Fatih Birol and the Secretary General of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo will appear together for a special dialogue on the future of the oil market during CERAWeek by IHS Markit 2018, 5 – 9 March at the Hilton Americas, Houston (USA).
“We are honoured to welcome Secretary General Barkindo and Executive Director Birol to CERAWeek 2018,” said Daniel Yergin, Conference Chair and Vice Chairman of IHS Markit. “Each brings a keen understanding reflective of a position at the forefront of the global oil market at a turbulent and transformative time in our energy world.
Their exchange and viewpoints will be a very important and most timely dialogue at this year’s conference.”CERAWeek by IHS Markit is an annual international gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities, and energy technology innovators.
‘CERAWeek 2018: Tipping Point: Strategies for a New Energy Future’ will examine the changing dynamics of the energy markets, the impact of technology, government policies, the environment, and the global economy and explore strategies to navigate the opportunities and challenges ahead for energy. 2018 marks the 37th anniversary of the event, produced by business information provider IHS Markit.
Featured speakers at CERAWeek 2018 will include:
- Greg Armstrong, Chairman and CEO, Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
- H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General, OPEC.
- Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors.
- Ben van Beurden, CEO, Royal Dutch Shell.
- Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency.
- Patricia Vincent-Collawn, President and CEO, PNM Resources.
- Christopher Crane, President and CEO, Exelon.
- Robert Dudley, Group Chief Executive, BP plc.
- Jack Fusco, President and CEO, Cheniere.
- Russ Girling, President and CEO, TransCanada Corporation.
- Thad Hill, President and CEO, Calpine Corporation.
- Walter Isaacson, President and CEO, The Aspen Institute.
- H.E. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of State in the United Arab Emirates, CEO, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC).
- Steven Kean, President and CEO, Kinder Morgan.
- Ryan Lance, Chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips.
- Jeffrey Lyash, President and CEO, Ontario Power Generation.
- Amin Nasser, President and CEO, Saudi Aramco.
- Pedro Pizarro, President and CEO, Edison International.
- Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman of the board and CEO, TOTAL S.A.
- Michael Smith, Chairman, CEO and Founder, Freeport LNG.
- Geisha Williams, President and CEO, PG&E Corporation.
- Tan Sri Wan Zulkiflee, President and CEO, Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS).
Key themes to be explored at CERAWeek 2018 will include:
- Oil geopolitics and markets: Unsettling times.
- Future of the upstream and downstream businesses.
- Reinventing the wheel? The future of mobility and its implications for energy and beyond.
- Energy infrastructure – breaking the impasse?
- Climate policy and the investment and strategic responses.
- Energy investment and the changing role of finance.
- Energy 4.0 – digital transformation.
- Regional imbalances and their impacts on global gas markets, business models and strategy.
- Fuel choices for electric power generation.
- Renewables come of age: What’s ahead?
- Breakthrough innovation.
- New government policies.
- The impact of the global economy.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/21022018/opec-sec-general-to-deliver-remarks-at-ceraweek-in-march/