Siemens will showcase its comprehensive upstream oil and gas solutions for the upcoming Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), 30 April - 3 May at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. The company will feature its rotating equipment, and electrified, automated and digitalised technology portfolio that spans the oil and gas value chain. Siemens experts will be available at booth #1051 to discuss topics relating to digital adoption in the oil and gas industry, and how the Internet of Things (IoT) has introduced opportunities for significant efficiency gains in the industry through applications such as prescriptive maintenance and remote monitoring of equipment.
Before the conference, you can join two of Siemens’ leading experts for a webcast Monday 23 April at 10.00 am EDT that will address the opportunities and challenges facing the oil and gas industry and how Siemens is helping bridge the gap between OT and IT. The event, Deciphering Digitalization: Discover Your Untapped Assets, will include discussions on artificial intelligence, asset performance management, cybersecurity, data analytics, digital twins, prescriptive maintenance, and workforce development. The webcast is globally accessible (registration for OTC is not required).
During OTC, Siemens will feature its advanced lithium-ion battery-based solutions, suited for both all-electric and hybrid energy-storage applications. These energy storage solutions are designed to help ensure continuity of power and to minimise carbon dioxide emissions, with an end goal of a low-emissions platform.
Visitors to booth #1051 can witness an interactive demo of the DATUM compressor digital twin and participate in DATUM compressor and gas turbine virtual reality experiences.
Experts will also be available at the booth to discuss a partnership that is bringing a new level of cybersecurity to Siemens’ customers. Last month, Siemens and the Norwegian industrial cybersecurity company, Secure-NOK, signed a partnership agreement to integrate new cybersecurity solutions within the Ruggedcom portfolio of rugged network components which will supplement Siemens’ Industrial Security portfolio. Secure-NOK offers SNOK™, a scalable, distributed, small data solution designed to perform local detection of malware, espionage, sabotage, or other harmful cyber-events.
Finally, Siemens will showcase its Building technology app geared toward stakeholders with health, safety and environment (HSE) responsibilities. Booth visitors can interact with animated 2D and 3D areas of the oil and gas supply chain to assess HSE risks and pain points – from pumping stations to pipelines to man camps, power equipment centers, CNG terminals, refineries, and more.
OTC Technical Sessions
You can join Siemens for the following OTC 2018 technical sessions:
- Effectively Harnessing Data to Navigate the New Normal: Overcoming the Barriers of Digital Adoption – Presented by Bruce Bailie and Matthew Chinn, Siemens.
- Harnessing Data Effectively to Develop a Low-Manned Platform in a Remote, North Sea Operating Environment – Presented by Edmund Knutsen, Siemens and Morten Ileby, Aker BP.
- Artificial Intelligence: Steps to Transforming Offshore E&P for Vastly Improved Business Outcomes – Presented by Dr. Alec Gruss, Siemens.
- A Roadmap for Adopting a Digital Lifecycle Approach to Offshore Oil and Gas Production – Presented by Elgonda La Grange, Siemens.
Monday 30 April
- Harnessing Data Effectively to Develop a Low-Manned Platform in a Remote, North Sea Operating Environment – Presented by Mikael Leksell, Siemens.
Wednesday 2 May - Luncheon Keynote
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/20042018/siemens-to-feature-its-technology-portfolio-at-otc/