Emperor Energy and APA Group have entered into a binding agreement to progress with the Pre-Front End Engineering Design (Pre-FEED) for the provision of midstream infrastructure and services related to gas that will potentially be produced from the Judith Gas Field in the 100% Emperor Energy owned VIC/P47 Permit in the offshore Gippsland Basin, Victoria.
The Pre-FEED study will include:
- Pre-FEED design for a gas processing plant to operate adjacent to and in parallel with the existing Orbost gas processing plant owned by APA.
- Pre-FEED concept design for a subsea pipeline approximately 40 km in length from the Judith gas field to a shoreline crossing.
- Pre-FEED design for an export pipeline to the Eastern Gas Pipeline located to the north of the Orbost gas plant.
- Refinement of indicative project cost estimates and project scheduling.
The Pre-FEED study is scheduled to commence in July 2020 requiring 4 months to complete. APA will carry out the work using a balanced combination of both in house and external expertise.
The design basis for the Pre-FEED is 80 million standard ft3/d (90TJ/day) of sales gas across a 25-year project life with gas processing to meet the AS4564 gas sales specification.
Emperor Energy and APA established a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) relating to the Judith Gas Project in October 2019. The Pre-FEED Agreement is the first Binding Agreement progressing from the MOU.
About the Judith Gas Field
The 100% Emperor Energy owned Judith Gas Field is located within the VIC/P47 Permit in the offshore Gippsland Basin, Victoria.
On 11th July 2019 Emperor Energy advised that an Independent Resource Statement had been completed for the Judith Gas Field within the 100% Emperor Energy owned VIC/P47 Exploration Permit located in the offshore Gippsland Basin, Victoria (Figure 1). The Resource Statement Highlighted:
- 2C Contingent Gas Resource of 150 billion ft3.
- P50 Unrisked Prospective Gas Resource of 1.226 trillion ft3.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/19052020/emperor-energy-executes-agreement-with-apa-group/