Skip to main content

Libya pipeline shutdown costs $2.17 million

Published by
World Pipelines,


The shutdown of Mellita oil pipeline for about 30 hours by armed groups last week led to the loss of $2.17 million, the National Oil Corporation said in a statement on Monday.

“The closure of the pipeline led to a drop in Al-Wafaa oilfield’s production and affected local as well as international exports,” the statement added.

An unknown armed group shut the pipeline.

The NOC said that the closure lost Libya 310 m2 of gas production and 12 000 bbls of oil.

The NOC added in its statement that the technical team at the complex reopened the pipeline on Saturday and they did not know who shut it down and what for.

The shutdown led to a number of financial and power problems, including an increase of power outage hours in Tripoli and surrounding areas.

Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/13092017/libya-pipeline-shutdown-costs-217-million/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


 

This article has been tagged under the following:

Africa pipeline news


 

World Pipelines is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.