KTN AS joins ROSEN Group
Published by Elizabeth Corner,
As of 1 January 2022, KTN AS becomes a full member of the ROSEN Group to provide its portfolio of services under the ROSEN brand.
For the past five years, KTN AS and the ROSEN Group have been working together, to provide inline inspection services for challenging pipelines. This strategic alliance further extends ROSEN’s technology and capabilities portfolio and hereby increases the possibilities for customised solutions for challenging pipeline diagnostics.
KTN AS offers an ideal opportunity for the ROSEN Group to broaden their offering; it allows the group to leverage their strength in the market and accelerate time to market goals by accomplishing its goal of adding an additional service pillar.
KTN AS, much like the ROSEN Group, has always internalised the concept of ‘empowered by technology’ and is therefore a great match. KTN AS is a leading provider of proprietary, technology-enabled inline inspection, particularly in the ‘unpiggable’ market segment.
The decision to offer solutions under one brand was made to ensure operators are best supported in customising solutions for their pipelines. No personnel changes will be made and services will continue to be provided by trusted experts.
The additions to the portfolio include mainly self-propelled tethered inspection units utilising UT and TOFD technologies as well as additional resources for feasibility studies. The tethered inline inspection method enables the collection of high-quality data on pipeline integrity status based on the following unique features:
- Propulsion units that can be remotely controlled in both forward and backward motion as well as speed adjustments.
- Precise high-resolution geometry, wall thickness / corrosion and crack measurement with reliable pulse-echo UT technology.
- TOFD measurement module scans girth welds, longitudinal welds for anomalies such as cracks and sizes them quantitatively.
- Live tether, which provides unlimited power supply and transmits real-time data back to the system operator.
- Fail-safe contingency plan provided by the tether’s ability to return the tool to the launch-site if needed.
In addition to creating completely customised solutions, services added to the ROSEN portfolio include:
- Ultrasonic geometry inspection (diameter variation, dents, ovalities).
- Ultrasonic corrosion / wall thickness inspection (normal beam, pulse-echo).
- Ultrasonic axial and circumferential crack inspection (angular beam, pulse-echo, shear wave and TOFD).
- Eddy current technologies for corrosion and coating.
- Visual inspection with CCTV camera (in visible products).
- XYZ mapping services.
Read the latest issue of World Pipelines magazine for pipeline news, project stories, industry insight and technical articles.
World Pipelines’ January 2022 issue
The January issue features a European pipelines report from Route4Gas, technical articles on coatings and subsea maintenance, and in-depth pieces on fibre optic sensing and offshore pipeline decommissioning. Don’t miss the think piece from Bonney Hodges, Energy Operations Director at ISN, USA, who talks about changing regulations, operator challenges and contractor management systems.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/13012022/ktn-as-joins-rosen-group/
You might also like
Record depths of liquidity across natural gas markets
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. announces record levels of liquidity across its US natural gas markets as customers manage price risk.