With oil and gas production from mature fields declining, prospects offshore and in deeper waters are attracting more attention as a source to meet increasing oil and gas consumption. Such projects require subsea umbilicals, risers and flowlines (SURF) to be developed. According to Visiongain's analysis, the global SURF market will reach US$7.73 billion in 2015.
Key regions such as West Africa, South America, the Gulf of Mexico and the North Sea will draw a lot of interest with regards to the growth of their subsea market. Due to SURF's pivotal role in connecting subsea production with surface systems, the SURF market has many opportunities within these regions and in new emerging markets in parts of Asia-Pacific, Europe and Africa.
Subsea production of oil and gas is very complex, with the production wellhead situated on the seabed rather than on a platform. As such, a vast amount of technological solutions are required to ensure successful oil and gas production, in environments where human activity is not possible.
When considering the SURF system it can be divided into two main groups:
- Umbilicals – these are control elements that have no contact with produced fluids.
- Risers and flowlines – these elements become the main transport system for produced fluids from the subsea production system to the surface processing system.
An umbilical, or umbilical cable, is a static or dynamic cable that is the vital link between subsea production and processing systems and the surface, as well as between elements within the larger subsea system via flying leads. Umbilicals are composite cables that have the ability to carry out a large range of processes. Their purpose includes: hydraulic power and chemicals; electric power; and telecommunications (fibre optics). Umbilicals are able to complete an assortment of tasks, including activating wells, managing subsea control panels, feeding information about temperatures, pressures, flows and well integrity back to the surface control teams, supplying hydraulic and electric power to wellheads and manifolds, as well as delivering chemicals to the subsea wells and into the production flows.
Flowlines transport unprocessed fluids from the subsea well to the riser. The riser then transports the fluids to the surface processing system. They are part of the wider flowline, riser and pipeline system, although retain very distinctive characteristics. The flowline is also called the production line or import line in some cases and is separate from the pipeline system.
Risers connect the flowlines to the surface facility. They provide transportation of the production fluid, as well as transporting injection fluids, control fluids and gas lift to the subsea system. Due to their vertical positioning, risers experience a range of incredibly harsh conditions, and as such, are susceptible to fatigue.
Why is the report important?
The report will help you understand how this market is developing and identify investment opportunities by answering questions such as: What are the future trends in the SURF market over the next ten years? Which national markets will prosper over the next ten years? Who are the main companies in SURF market in 2015? How has the oil price decline affected the SURF market?
Visiongain's comprehensive analysis contains highly quantitative content delivering solid conclusions benefiting your analysis and illustrates new opportunities and potential revenue streams helping you to remain competitive. This definitive report will benefit your decision-making and help to direct your future business strategy.
In this 237 page report you will receive the following key information:
- View capital expenditure forecasts, as well as analysis from 2015 - 2025 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities.
- The report provides detailed projections of capital expenditure in the SURF market as a whole, within the national markets and submarkets, allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition it profiles and analyses the main companies in the SURF market. As well as market forecasts from 2015 - 2025, our new study shows current market data, original critical analysis, and revealing insight into commercial developments and strategies.
- Examine 182 tables and figures providing a thorough assessment of the current and future prospects of the SURF market.
- You will gain from our analyst's industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on how the SURF market will develop and which countries stand to see most growth.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/12112015/oil-and-gas-subsea-umbilicals-risers-and-flowlines-market-2015-2025/