The organisers of International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF), the world’s leading technical conference and expo covering the newest airborne, terrestrial and underwater LiDAR as well as emerging remote-sensing and data collection tools and technologies, have announced the 2018 conference programme.
The 18th annual edition of ILMF will take place alongside the ASPRS Annual Conference 5 – 7 February, 2018 in Denver, Colorado.
The main ILMF conference programme includes these featured presentations:
- Adam LeWinter of USACE-CRREL on Unmanned Aerial Systems for High Resolution Laser Scanning Applications.
- Stefan Hrabar of CSIRO on Mapping of Underground Mines with an Autonomous Drone.
- Iain Woodhouse of Carbomap on Fixed-Wing UAV with LiDAR, Hyperspectral Imaging and Real-Time Processing.
- Dr. Julien Vallett of Helimap Systems on What you Can Expect from UAV Mapping.
- Chris Hopkinson of University of Lethbridge on Mapping of Soil Depth Following Wildfire using Multi-Spectral and Multi-Temporal LiDAR.
- Amar Nayegandhi of Dewberry on Multi-Sensor Topo-Bathymetric Approach to Mapping the Everglades National Park.
- Charles Write of NOAA on Using LiDAR, Manned Aircraft SfM, and UAS SfM for Coastal Mapping.
Project case studies
- Martin Flood of GeoCue on Updating Legacy LiDAR Projects at USDA: Benefits, Challenges and Lessons Learned.
- Michael Meiser of Woolpert on the Use of LiDAR in Platinum-Group Element Mining at the Stillwater Complex, MT.
- Al Karlin of SWFWMD on High-Density LiDAR to Meet Southwest Florida Water Management District’s Specifications for Diverse Applications in Florida.
- Advanced Geo-Technologies.
- Advanced LiDAR Topics.
- Bathymetric LiDAR.
- Coastal Mapping.
- Data Acquisition Approaches.
- Data Fusion.
- Geiger Mode/Single Photon.
- LiDAR Data Processing.
- LiDAR Sensor Topics.
- UAS LiDAR.
- USGS 3DEP.
- USGS Updates.
- Topo-Bathymetric LiDAR.
More than 60 mapping experts will be speaking at ILMF 2018, including professionals from research organisations, government agencies and private enterprise, as well as leading academics.
In addition to the conference content, attendees can explore the very best of LiDAR along with a growing host of new and complementary remote-sensing solutions. The exhibit floor will have more than 60 leading technology, software and service providers from around the world.
International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF) is a technical conference & exhibition focused on airborne, terrestrial and underwater LiDAR as well as emerging remote-sensing and data collection tools and technology used for applications including Asset Management; Civil Infrastructure; Coastal Zone Mapping; Emergency Services & Disaster Response; Land and Natural Resource Management; and Urban Modelling.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/05122017/international-lidar-mapping-forum-2018-conference-programme-announced/