As of 3 March 2020, Sandy Lapointe has been designated by the Minister of Natural Resources to act as Chief Executive Officer of the Canada Energy Regulator (CER) pursuant to subsection 23(3) of the Canadian Energy Regulator Act.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the management of the CER’s day-to-day business and affairs, including the supervision of its employees and their work.
- Ms. Lapointe became Executive Vice President, Regulatory in May 2011.
- Prior to this, she was Vice President, Operations from August 2007 and Vice President, Applications from July 2002.
- She joined the CER in 1992 as an Environmental Specialist and has held various positions.
- Prior to joining the regulator, she worked for an environmental consulting firm in Edmonton, Canada.
- Her professional degrees include a Bachelor of Science, Agriculture, University of Alberta.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/05032020/designation-of-acting-ceo-of-the-canada-energy-regulator/