The awards, which celebrate the achievements of companies and individuals in the £9 billion subsea industry across the country, were presented at a gala dinner during Europe’s largest subsea-focused exhibition and conference – Subsea Expo.
Hosted by Neil Gordon with award-winning writer and broadcaster John Sergeant as guest speaker, the winners picked up their awards in front of over 600 leaders from the subsea sector.
The winners included:
- Aker Solutions as the best subsea company of the year.
- David Bloom of Subsea 7 was honoured for his outstanding contribution to the subsea industry.
- Company of the Year was presented to Aker Solutions.
- Aker also won the award for Innovation & Technology for its Vectus Subsea Electronics Module.
- Robert Weeks, Lead Engineer at JDR Cable Systems received the award for Young Emerging Talent.
- Fathom Systems was crowned the Small Company of the Year and also won the Innovation for Safety award.
- The Global Exports award went to JDR Cable Systems for its rapid expansion into key international markets with its innovative umbilical systems.
David Clark, Regional President of the UK and Africa for Aker Solutions, said: “We have invested significantly in our UK business in the last two years, specifically in infrastructure, technology and skills with a view to becoming a champion of responsible operations. To secure two such important awards is recognition of the hard work and commitment we have shown towards finding ways to unlock energy safely and sustainably for future generations, despite the challenges the industry is seeing, and I am very proud of everyone who has played a part in it.”
Neil Gordon, Chief Executive of Subsea UK commented: “The past 12 months have been extremely challenging for subsea companies, however in times like these it’s more important than ever to celebrate success. Some impressive achievements, technological breakthroughs and industry firsts have been recognised at the awards, which proves how resilient and pioneering our sector is. All entrants demonstrated the innovation, talent and leadership that’s needed to hold on to the UK’s world-leading position in subsea.”
Edited from press release by Angharad Lock
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/04022016/subsea-uk-awards-given-at-subsea-expo-2030/