Opportune LLP provided ION RightAngle ETRM upgrade and process improvement services to a leading US midstream company that was operating on version S14. In addition, the company wanted to remove prior customisations and leverage new features to reduce support costs and improve productivity. The company utilised the upgrade to RightAngle S21.1 as the opportunity to migrate the system and interfaces to Microsoft’s Azure, resulting in significant system performance improvements.
The scope of services performed by Opportune’s professionals included:
- Completed upgrade assessment of the company’s current state and generated recommendations for improvement.
- Set up a new Microsoft Azure environment and installed RightAngle S21.1 and Citrix.
- Developed and managed the upgrade unit, system, UAT, and regression test plan for the system, integrations, and reports.
- Coached the company developers on integration best practices within S21.1.
- Implemented ION’s latest document management system (DMS) to create and automatically distribute contracts, confirms, invoices, and exchange statements.
- Reviewed and revamped all front to back office reports to reflect the company’s execution, accounting, and management information needs.
- Trained and educated users on new S21.1 system features, plus best practices for automation.
- Planned and executed cutover activities alongside the company’s personnel.
Opportune added value by utilising its experienced functional and technical resources to implement not only a RightAngle technical upgrade, but also implementing significant process and productivity improvements by leveraging core RightAngle functionality. The project was delivered on time and within budget. After upgrading to S21.1, the company realised several technical and productivity improvements.
- Updated contracts and confirms configured in DMS allow for minimal manual touchpoints.
- Configuration of auto-distribution for invoices and purchase statements.
- Invoice templates configured in DMS minimised manual invoicing processes and net-out statements.
- Additional training and education improved standard feature usage and eliminated prior workarounds.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/01062022/opportune-llp-implements-upgrade-for-midstream-company/