Middle East and Africa’s oil and gas industry saw a rise of 33.3% in overall deal activity during 4Q20, when compared to the four-quarter average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
A total of 52 deals worth US$ 4.7 billion were announced for the region during 4Q20, against the last four-quarter average of 39 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in 4Q20 with 51, representing a 98.1% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with one deals capturing a 1.9% of the overall deal activity for the quarter.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Middle East and Africa’s oil and gas industry with US$4.67 billion, followed by private equity deals totalled US$30 million.
The top five oil and gas deals accounted for 77.3% of the overall value during 4Q20.
The combined value of the top five oil and gas deals stood at US$3.63 billion, against the overall value of US$4.7 billion recorded for the quarter.
The top five oil and gas industry deals of Q4 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Company and Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions and Benefits Fund’s US$2.1 billion acquisition of ADNOC Gas Pipelines HoldCo.
- The US$540 million acquisition of MISR Fertilizer Production Co by Government Of Egypt.
- Energean’s US$405 million acquisition of Energean Israel.
- The US$348 million acquisition of Ham-Let (Israel-Canada) by Ultra Clean Holdings.
- IPR Energy Resources’ asset transaction with Dana Gas for US$236 million.
For more news and technical articles from the oil and gas pipeline industry, read the latest issue of World Pipelines magazine.
The January 2021 issue kicks off the year with a regional report focusing on pipelines in the USA, in which Gordon Cope analyses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the US oil and gas sector. The issue also includes articles on decarbonisation, inline inspection, corrosion prevention and offshore welding. Don’t miss the Pigging Q&A on p.31!
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/01022021/middle-east-and-africa-sees-33-rise-in-oil-and-gas-deal-activity-in-4q20/