The Board of Directors of Canada Development Investment Corporation (CDEV) is pleased to announce the appointment of several prominent Canadians to the Board of Directors overseeing the governance and management of Trans Mountain Corporation (TMC).
The newly-constituted Board will be chaired by William Downe, former CEO of BMO Financial Group. Mr. Downe will be joined on the Board by:
- Harold Calla, Executive Chair of the First Nations Financial Management Board, and a member of the Squamish First Nation.
- David Emerson, Corporate Director, Public Policy Advisor and former senior cabinet minister with the Government of Canada.
- Brian Ferguson, former President and CEO of Cenovus Energy Inc.
- Carol Anne Hilton, CEO and Founder of the Indigenomics Institute.
- Patricia Koval, Corporate Director and lawyer, formerly a senior partner with Torys LLP.
- Lorraine Mitchelmore, former President and Country Chair, Shell Canada.
- Marie-Jose Nadeau, Honorary Chair of the World Energy Council.
- Paul Rochon, Deputy Minister of the Department of Finance Canada.
- Ian Anderson, former President of Kinder Morgan Canada, and current President and CEO of Trans Mountain Corporation.
- Stephen Swaffield, Acting Board Chair of CDEV, and a former Vice President of Terasen Inc. and British Gas.
"I am pleased to join this experienced and distinguished group of individuals who share my belief that this important infrastructure asset and proposed expansion project are serving the interest of all Canadians. We have great confidence in the management and operation of Trans Mountain Corporation and the proposed expansion of the project." said Mr. Downe.
"Our single-minded focus is on ensuring TMC continues to run efficiently and commercially and that the proposed expansion application moves forward in the right way, ensuring we also meet our obligation and commitment to consult fully and in good faith with Indigenous communities," said Mr. Swaffield. "The calibre of the new board reflects the strong national support from the business community."
"TMC will continue to be guided by our collective pledge to couple economic growth with environmental protection and the interests of affected Indigenous communities," said Mr. Anderson. "The proposed expansion project would give Canadian oil producers critical access to world markets, fostering economic growth while meeting strict, world-class regulatory conditions."
About Canada Development Investment Corporation
CDEV is a federal Crown corporation responsible for commercial management of assets owned by the Government of Canada, reporting to the Minister of Finance.
About Trans Mountain Corporation
Trans Mountain Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of CDEV, owns and operates Canada's only pipeline system transporting crude oil and refined products to the West Coast. TMC is also the proponent of a proposed expansion of this line from 300 000 to 890 000 bpd.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldpipelines.com/business-news/09112018/board-of-directors-of-trans-mountain-corporation-announced/
You might also like
Perma-Pipe International Holdings, Inc. announces the opening of its second state-of-the-art insulation facility in Canada.